Rehabilitation Day September 17, 2019
The City of Toronto has proclaimed the 3rd week of September every year as Rehabilitation Day
. Aligning with the National Rehabilitation Awareness Week in the U.S., Rehabilitation Day is dedicated to highlighting the importance of rehabilitation and how vital it is in healthcare today.
For this day, we aim to focus on and acknowledge anyone and everyone in rehabilitative work including our physicians, psychologists, nurses, scientists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, social workers, speech-language pathologists and more. This is a time to highlight the positive impact that their services have in the lives of people at every stage of their life and explore the many different types of rehabilitative services and research.
We invite you to celebrate this day with us by:
- Making a donation to Celebrate Your Rehab Champion
- Joining us at our free Breakfast Symposium in The Blakely Health Innovation Series: Stroke Matters
- Touring Toronto Rehab’s Rehabilitation Research Centre: contact Kevin Geddes to book your time at 416-597-3422 ext. 3290 or Kevin.Geddes@uhn.ca
- Checking out VRPlayin at 294 College Street (College and Spadina) - Toronto’s Premier Virtual Reality Experience will be donating 100% of sales to Toronto Rehab in celebration of Rehabilitation Day
- Sharing the message on social media #RehabilitationDay or #WeDoRehabilitation (don't forget to follow us @TorontoRehab)
We asked Rehab Week 2019
visitors and partners what rehab means to them and here is what they wrote: